Happy Holiday Season! Every year I had great intentions to spend more time with my family and less money on holiday gifts during this festive season but every year I always succumb to the "commercialization" of it. However, this year, I made it my goal and I am happy to say that I have achieved it!!!! We all get caught up in the commercialization web of spending money for our loved ones and buying things they "want". This is what the big businesses want you to believe....what we really need to do is get back to the basics with Christmas. What does Christmas mean to you? For me, Christmas was a chance to touch base with all my family and friends near and far and a priority is to spend "quality" time with my kids, not buy them a toy on the "hot" toylist and leave them be. Toys don't mean anything when you don't spend the time to play with them. Christmas is also a time I like to give back to the community as well. If I had the power invested in me to make everyone achieve a warm, loving and happy Christmas I would..however, my powers are only limited and I can only help in ways that I can afford to. Every year our family make something yummy to deliver to those that are not as fortunate as some of us are. This year we will make something yummy to a women's shelter. I know it is not much...but it is important to not forget those that are spending this holiday season with sadness.
True happiness is not bought and having the latest Prada or Blackberry or Playstation, instead it is treasuring what we already have!!!
From our Family to yours....Merry Christmas
IMG_0859
Originally uploaded by monchicheez
Making and decorating Gingerbread Train
Colouring Christmas Pictures
Trimming the Tree
Christmas Eve Dinner Hot Pot Style
Family Christmas Picture
